INSTRUCTIONS TO HELP YOU FEEL BETTER
• Drink lots of fluids
• Treat fever with acetaminophen (Tylenol®) or ibuprofen (Advil®, Motrin®)
• Do not give acetylsalicylic acid (ASA or Aspirin®) to children or teenagers under the age of 18 or pregnant women
• Pregnant women should treat their fever with acetaminophen
• Gargle with a glass of warm water or suck on hard candy or lozenges
• Use saline drops or spray for a stuffy nose
• Avoid alcohol, tobacco and caffeine
• Stay home until your fever has been gone for 24 hours and you are feeling better. You can return if you are still coughing. Health care workers should ensure they are better for at least 24 hours and their cough is only mild.
Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 if you have any questions.