Saturday 8 August 2009

Claus Heinecke opens Rhythm and Form on August 8


Rhythm and Form – Claus Heinecke
The Claus Heinecke show opens on August 8 at the Colborne Art Gallery. Here is what Claus has to say about his show -

"I've called this exhibition Rhythm and Form because those are the primary objects of my explorations – to find significant visual rhythms expressed in form. It is an aesthetic pursuit and the underlying meaning of my pieces – I compose line, shape, tone, texture and colour by means of contrast, harmony, balance, movement and repetition to arrive at a confluence of visual elements that constitute a rhythm. These visual rhythms imbue a piece with its own sensibility - a sensibility that will give the piece a life beyond me and hopefully find a discerning audience.

I am not devoted to a medium but will use what best expresses an idea. I am not devoted to a subject but will express the subject that moves me at the time. My dedication is to find in the three-dimensional object rhythms of form that make that form significant by its ability to engage and beguile. I employ a minimum of means to reveal the essential power of the form.

Claus Heinecke

No comments:

Post a Comment