Sunday 16 August 2009

T'n'T vendor disagrees

The dispute continues regarding the closing time for the Trash 'n' Treasures Day. Cramahe Now reader Roseanne Quinn refutes comments made by Cramahe Development Officer, Rebecca Goddard-Sarria.

Ms. Quinn writes:

I don't know who Rebecca Goddard-Sarria may be referring to when she says "the
only person complaining about the 2 p.m. closing time was informed of it earlier". If she's referring to me, I knew nothing about it closing at 2 p.m. The Cramahe office staff I phoned to rent tables from didn't mention it and I hadn't seen any advertising about it as I don't get any local papers. As for Mayor Marc Coombs referring to the "early" opening time this year, Trash and Treasures has actually had vendors like me setting up at 5 a.m. for years.

I guess it isn't until the powers that be actually show up at these events that they see what goes on. Ms. Goddard-Sarria is new to this area and knows very little about how things worked before she came - they worked very well I might add, with set up by non-paid volunteers. Somehow things get more complicated when people have to be paid for their work. I guess that's why they won't stick around on a Saturday after 2 p.m.

Roseanne Quinn
Colborne

No comments:

Post a Comment